Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

Tom and Ben News App


From: Wendy French
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 at 11:36am
Hi everyone,
As part of their maths homework this week I asked my class to choose a way to present information on large numbers.  Eimear chose to do hers on World population and created a Tom and Ben news item on it.  The app Tom and Ben news is free and the children love it.  
This was part of a maths trainer revision sheet I made up on Pages.  The children renamed the document in their documents page on pages and put their name to it.  They did some examples on the document and were able to link to practice games on the web.
When they email it they need to email it as Word so that I can open it on my laptop too.  This does sometimes move the text about a bit.  
I now need to think about how they store their work as opening emails and storing work for them will be too time consuming.  I am looking for a free app that might help with this, if anyone has any ideas that would be great.  I might use Dropbox but it would be good if they could keep a file system on their ipad.

No comments:

Post a Comment