Further Resources on SAMRFrom: Fraser Speirs
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
At the launch day, we discussed a model of technology adoption called SAMR, developed by Dr. Reuben Puentedura. Here are some more resources to help you understand this model:
- Reuben Puentedura’s Weblog
- As We May Teach – an iTunes U collection on SAMR and related topics
- A presentation from BETT2012: Tools for Redefinition
- What will I gain by replacing the older technology with the new technology?
Substitution to Augmentation:
- Have I added a feature to the task process that could not be done with the older technology at a fundamental level?
- How does this feature contribute to my design?
Augmentation to Modification:
- How is the original task being modified?
- Does this modification depend upon the new technology? • How does this modification contribute to my design?
Modification to Redefinition:
- What is the new task?
- Will it replace or supplement older tasks?
- How is it uniquely made possible by the new technology?
- How does it contribute to my design?