Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

Tech Chef 4 U

From: Wendy French

Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 at 10:34am
Hi everyone,
I downloaded some of the podcasts of the above series which you can get on itunes and also found this very useful blog.  
What I like about this is that it is very practical and gives lots of ideas for using the i-Pad in a range of different ways, just like 'Cooking with apps'.
One of the contributors to the podcast was talking about how the schools he worked with in his district are increasingly using the more creative apps rather than the content apps to substitute what they would normally have done.  This resonated with me and I found his experiences and thoughts very interesting.  I am grateful for the posts from Cedars and I have read some of Fraser's posts on workflow and itunesU but need to get my PLP reports out of the way before I can take in more knowledge. There has been a lot of posts on this subject by lots of people that will need digesting. Finished 21, only 9 more to go!  I'm hoping to use some of the time Lucy and Alison have kindly given me and Fiona on Friday to explore a bit more (once the fun task of filing all the bits of the PLPs is out of the way!
Thanks to Gillian at Gavinburn for updating us on all the amazing things that they have been doing.  It would be lovely to have a sharing place for some examples for the pupils across the schools to look at to give them an audience and also a source of inspiration.  
That is maybe something we could try to get set up over the holidays for next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment